Friday, April 3, 2015

A Fire + Men Making Threats

Last night was SO TERRIFYING. A bunch of men showed up and started protesting outside of the company headquarters and demanded that we come out and that I start hiring men again. I am still shaken up. They were there for a couple hours and argued back and forth until they finally went away. I actually called the police but they did nothing. They thought we were asking for it by choosing not to come out and that it was high time we grew up.


Why is it that no one can take my decisions seriously? Is it too much to ask for that they respect the fact that I don’t want to come out?


This didn’t start off as being as drastic as it turned, one guy jokingly asked if there was nothing they could do to get us out of our ‘convent.’ Someone responded by saying that the only thing that could be done would be to set the building aflame and then more men started gathering and agreeing with this person. The only reason they didn’t go through with this was because Prince was in the building with us. Her father is a powerful man and if he anything happened to his daughter, that could mean war between our countries.


A couple hours after the crowd left, some men came back dressed as ‘women’ (like that’s a thing) in an attempt for us to let them in. It was so insincere and so awful. We just need our space because no one lets us have it. If we decide we are done with men, they threaten us with marriage and threaten our lives because they cannot stand the idea of us having our own space or the idea that we might not need them.


Anyway, I am going to stop now. I am just really shaken. Prince was great though last night and did a great job taking care of me. I am so lucky to have her.

No comments :

Post a Comment